SeaQuest Pro QD+ vs. Mares Syncro Power Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm diving intensively with the power tech and never had any problems with the weights falling out. You just have to configure it right the first time and will never have a problem with it ever!
Very easy to adjust with the back pockets and don't forget, you can attach a total of 18kg/32Lb of weights, to the jacket.

From stability/comfort/boyancy point of view.....the best jacket I ever owned/used!!! I never tried the SQ QD, so I will not comment on that one, although I'll prefer the BD.

Depends what you really want, a normal BCD or a back inflated (wing) model.
Wings are the most comfortable to me, although that's my own subjective opinion. :wink:

Hope to be of any help, although I replied may be too late.

I have the pro qd and my bf has the pro qd plus and rig 3. I love my pro qd, he prefers his rig 3 cause its rear inflate and has tons of D rings. I dropped a weight pocket once but that was cause it was over weighted plus he and I got tangled while he was adjusting something on me. (was only in 15 ft of water)
All i can say is that I really love my bc and as long as you are careful with your weight distribution then its a great bc.
BTW boyfriend just got his QD+ and only dove once with it so hes not really one to give opinions heh

I posted simply because when I was looking for a bc and trying to see opinions I didnt have much to go on. But maybe this will help someone else in the future.

Nat:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom