Searching for opinions about Rescuing a diver and decompression stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was moved here because topics at this level, and the people who choose to debate them, shouldn't require the 'protection' of the green zone. Newbie divers might ask silly questions, thus deserving protection from the 'caustic' retorts. Anyone who feels themselves 'qualified' to debate deco diving, technical rescue etc should have the sort of mindset that understands the varied opinions and comments that they will receive during discussions on such topics.

The OP wanted to discuss a highly technical and very advanced subject - but he wished to do so in an arena where he could raise his head above the parapet without wanting to deal with any responses that would challenge or question him.

I don't mind unqualified people coming into the technical forum to ask questions. That's why this forum isn't restricted - so that non-technical divers can ask questions. But I do have limited patience for those who want to argue the toss, when they plainly don't know what they're talking about. I'm happy to share knowledge with those newbies who ask questions and are willing to listen. However, those newbies who think they know it all already - well, I won't pander and nurse-maid to them. I'll speak my mind.

If the OP wants the protection of the green zone, then he should stay in that area - and stick to subjects that he is qualified/experienced to debate. On the other hand, if he wishes to gain opinions and insights into more advanced diving, then he should come to more advanced forum areas - pose his questions and attempt to learn something.

I'm really not interested to continue this debate. I made my point initially and was foolish enough to respond when the OP wanted to try and belittle that opinion. I apologise if you feel that my tone is arrogant. I don't want to drag this thread off-topic, so please continue to nurse-maid our super-star without my interruption.

@emoreira

We do have an approximate procedure.
The only difference is that we doesn't empty bcd and weights, but we control the ascent with controlling (purging) the two BCD.
We initiate the ascent with the victim bcd (and if it doesn't work ours), then we purge accordingly to maintain an constant ascent rate.
We stop the ascent at 5 to 3 meters, to verify if we can surface (no boats, ...).

@DevonDiver
We all understand that you estimate you need an appropriate training to dive with safety and I never dispute that.
What I dispute is your saying that you mustn't go online to have answers or explanation or other points of views, and only that.

Perhaps, if you were not so focused and "it have less than 50 dives, he mustn't post here and I want to make it clear" you will see what my point is.

Perhaps also I have difficulty to explain what I wanted in my questions, and to reassure you I do intend
First to augment my xp
Second to take new trainings to improve myself
(and it's a loop).
I don't intend to do a 55m/35 min now!
Does this avoid me to ask question or understand what I'm doing and what are the limits?

Concerning my "credibility", I didn't expect to have one, since I'm asking something, not saying what is good or not.

Concerning your other concerns, I encourage you to read again my posts but not with your "less than 50 dives" opinion but with a "curious newbie diver who want to know more".

He wished to do so in an arena where he could raise his head above the parapet without wanting to deal with any responses that would challenge or question him.
Ah, I wished that ? Thanks for saying it since I didn't know.
In addition to teaching diving, do you also teach psychology ?
If yes, just stuck to diving, you're not so good on the other domain.

Honestly, just READ the first post.

For all other participants, thanks for your input, there were greatly appreciated :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom