SeaVision Masks: Are they worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the SeaVision masks? (the ones with the color correcting lenses)

Are they worth the hype/cost? Am thinking of adding them to my kit for blue water diving, but would like to hear what you folks think.

I have had a seavision mask for a couple of years now. My biggest reason for getting it was their custom lens grinding capability: can you say "bifocal"? Sure... I knew you could. :wink:

The pink-tinted lenses certainly make a difference when viewing things underwater! I enjoy seeing the "actual" colours of the flora & fauna.

I've also done several night dives with them, and found that the tinting really doesn't pose a problem.

Just my $0.02's worth,

~SubMariner~

I've had my SV mask for about 5 years. I bought it for the excellent RX lenses which matched my vision perfectly. The pink lenses highlight the colors, making them clearer but below about 30-40 ft, depending on how strong the sunlight is, they do not *replace* the colors as some salespeople will tell you!

I also don't have any problems with them on night dives. I definately think they are worth the money, not only because of the ground lenses but because of the excellent quality of the mask itself. After 5 years of heavy use, mine still look pretty new with the exception of a small scratch on one lense and the black skirt is still flexible.

Back
Top Bottom