Second Stage Swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nesarad

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi James, @Nemrod

It was great to run into you and your wife at Scuba Club Cozumel. Bummer we did not have any overlap and chance to dive together. This is Andreas from Spokane Washington. I was there last year the same time as your group with Luis

It was another amazing week of diving. We were fortunate, we came in after five days of port closure, were able to dive for six days, and then the port closed again due to high winds and rough seas.

It was my first time diving with a GoPro. I was able to get some amazing video. The reason for reaching out, other than saying hi, is that the Divemaster Nestor is concerned about my second stage swivel. He feels they are unsafe. It is the type that is 2/2 globes that are secured together by a screw, and that is the swivel action.

From what Nestor told me, he had a diver that experienced a catastrophic failure at death, and had to abort the dive. What are your feelings about them?

Thank you also for the donated cookies. We share them with the crew until they were gone. They were very much appreciate it.

Andreas

P S - I haven’t posted five times publicly, so they would not let me direct message you. Sorry for the public post.

Check out this thread:

My wife loves her Miflex dual swivel LP hose (28") (comes in funny colors too!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom