Seeking info/advice for honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If money is TRULY no object, look into Heron Island. It is in the southernmost part of GBR, and is a tiny island with only one resort on it. My wife and I spent part of our honeymoon there 18 years ago, then went back 7 or 8 years later and still enjoyed it!

caymaniac:
Try Palm Cove for beach style quiet accomodations. Port Douglas is near to Ribbons, and has the marina that some liveabords use. Check with Pro-Dive for short liveaboard trips. Cairns is nice but a bit south to get to the best diving. If money is no object then go to Lizard Island where you can have the best land based GBR diving with nice beach. Being north from Cairns the weather is usaully great.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

If you're going anywhere near Brisbane, (about halfway between Sydney and Cairns), Moreton Bay Marine Park, has great diving - they have Reef, Wrecks and Rock, whereas the GBR only has the reef.

One of the reefs at Moreton Bay - Flinders Reef has more species of choral than the GBR too. And, not so many tourists know about Moreton Bay, so it's unspoiled.

There's a video here, of some of Moreton Bay.

http://www.bigcatreality.com/

I gather your wife to be dives as well?

2 Bar:
Thanks for the suggestions. I could use all the info I could get. The better I can make this honeymoon, hopefully the easier it will be to forget I am getting married.

Not to hijack, but ifyou're really feeling this squeamish, maybe you should rethink it.... :wink:

Thanks all. We will definitely look into all of your ideas.

My fiance went from an adamant NO to getting certified to now actually looking foward to it. Not from me pushing her, but from all the parties through my scuba shop. She met so many cool people and girls who encouraged her to do it.

Now we will be diving together on our honeymoon and, not me running off for a few hours in the morning. It will be a great time, and if we could be doing all this in Australia that would be off the hook!

Rock on, metals!

2 Bar:
Thanks for the suggestions. I could use all the info I could get. The better I can make this honeymoon, hopefully the easier it will be to forget I am getting married.
If you are not totally stuck on Austrailia-I'd suggest Fiji (its close by)-particularly Moodys Namena Island-Incredibly romantic,great diving(some of the best in Fiji),and the whole island is reserved for only 12 guests max. at a time-you'll have your own beautiful Bure :wink: ( very nice fijian hut)near the top of the island overlooking your own beach.The food is tremendous-doesn't get any better. Check out the web site. Bula.....Saildiver

Back
Top Bottom