Seeking opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canyon Lake was not much clearer than Blue Lagoon when I dove it. Vis was about 20' -30' in mid July. It does have some life - catfish, bass. Good time was had by all.

Dee,

I've been curious about Canyon Lake as well. Perhaps we do an expidition in August? (Shedules depending)

I can probably get BJ and Lynette to join us.

And Duke, don't forget that 20-30' vis is better than average for us TSDT'ers! :) :)

Originally posted by TexasMike
Dee,

I've been curious about Canyon Lake as well. Perhaps we do an expidition in August? (Shedules depending)

I can probably get BJ and Lynette to join us.

And Duke, don't forget that 20-30' vis is better than average for us TSDT'ers! :) :)

Sounds good to me! August is open for us. The FG trip is the 9-11 but there 5 weekends in August so we should be able to pick one that suits everyone.

Oh yeah...I filled the last spot on the FG trip!

is great but that's on a good day. With traffic it can get worse but it doesn't get stirred up as quick as Blue Lagoon. If you get in the Blue Lagoon early (before the cert. classes) it's pretty clear but gets bad quickly.

On our night dive vis was less than 15'. Still good by my standards.

What about Whitney lake? I lived (well, resided. We won't get into what defines "lving in Texas") near there for a while, and remember that near the dam it was pretty nice. Didn't see much except mud, but we were lookingfor a helicopter that had supposedly gone down back then.

A scubapark at Lake Athens? why? I suppose it saves on defog, since you don't need to see anything anyways.

:confused:

Hey Rusty:

Best I know, there's not a scuba park at Lake Athens, and you're probably right that it wouldn't be a good idea to have one there. The Athens Scuba Park that I mentioned is a private park at an old quarry in Athens. It's not unusual for the vis to reach 25' there, so it's a pretty good location for basic OW classes. They have some sunken boats, a corporate-type jet, and some other junk in the lake that you can practice navigating to and work on very easy penetrations. If you're in the area, you might check it out sometime.

http://www.athensscubapark.com/home.htm

HTH,

Bill

Bill...think you'd be up for a run to PK next weekend? My new drysuit is FINNALLY in and RandyJoy and I want to setup a dive outting.

Wanna go?

Campana -- You wanna go to?

Thanks, Bill for setting me straight. couldn't imagine going diving where's there's nothing to see. Guess inland divers don't have it as nice as those on a seacoast, where the vizibility may get down to 50 ft at times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom