seeking summer job

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been reading the thread and feel that the PADI badgering is uncalled for. I am currently a NAUI DM #34071, but have trained under NAUI, PADI and CMAS. I honestly have to say that between them there is not much. If anything, CMAS proved to impress me the most. The truth be known, the INSTRUCTOR is the one who generates the general feel towards diving for first timers and it is his/her responsibility to conduct himself as profesional and be patient with those that struggle. Is it not our love for diving and PASSION for the sport that makes us all do what we do, who cares what code you represent! I spent 1999 working on the island of MALTA and yes, PADI is the largest, but I still maintain that the DM or INSTRUCTOR is the one who can either make or brake a course or dive !

Happy diving !

i'm currently doing the PADI Divemaster course...

i totally agree on that!

anyways i probably will look into CMAS courses as well, just
to get two aspects...

happy bubbles 2 u all,
mikee

:wink:

So what is this reasoning, "If you want to dive all over the world, you need a ____ c-card?" (I refuse to distract from the validity of the question by invoking defensiveness of any agency's members.) Who says that having a certain OW card is needed to stay at any resort, be on any boat, or dive at any site? I get the feeling that OW students are misunderstanding the relationship between a ____ Resort, a ____ shop, & a ____ c-card?

I have an uncommon card & have dove at sites with banners announcing affiliation with hugely common agencies. I buy from shops with popular agency regalia all over the walls. Do you think any of them say "no" to money???

Who is telling prospective students that, unless they have a certain card, they may be barred from diving??? Or is the myth just passively being allowed to take hold?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom