Self entry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
I don't know how the cross-chest zipper on the White's is oriented, but I have a Mobby's suit with a cross-chest zipper, and it's extremely easy to get on and off without any help whatsoever. Whereas my friends with the front zip DUI and Bare suits seem to need a great deal of help getting in and out of them, and getting the zipper started.

I have a White's & the zipper goes from just behind the right shoulder to the crotch region (see my avatar). To me the term "self donning" can be a little deceiving. Even though it might be able to be done by an individual, on the White's you have to almost be double jointed in the shoulders. I usually have my buddy to help me zip it up & I've learned (the hard way) to ensure it gets to the home position. By having someone help you zip it, can save some wear & tear on the zipper by accidentally placing too much pressure on the zipper, provided the helper knows how to handle a dry suit zipper.

Back
Top Bottom