Sellers sadness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
So this morning as I am packing it up to ship off, I feel like a part of me is being sent away.

i felt the same way when i sold my old car which i owned since high school.

Scuba_Jenny:
I put my old Minolta Maxxum 7000 with a few lenses and flash up for auction on Ebay. I have been considering doing this for some time, but finally I decided to just do it. Item sold for about 1/10 of what I paid for it. Ok, it wasn't in perfect condition, and I know some stuff goes cheap on ebay.

So this morning as I am packing it up to ship off, I feel like a part of me is being sent away. This was my "first camera" and have taken hundreds of rolls of film with it, even placing in a photo contest once. This camera recorded many many moments in my life, and did a good job too. A chapter in my life is now closed. Time for digital. I am sad.

Thanks for listening...

Hi Jen,

I understand how you feel, hmmm, now get over it :D

I felt the same way when I sold my FM2 (Nikon) but now, after buying and selling so much camera equpment over the years I realize that tools are tools.

Now you can look forward to your NEXT camera, and the memories one can capture with that!!

Good luck, and enjoy the digital experience. If you have questions, I know one or two things about photography, and equipment so feel free to PM!

L8R,
Ron

Jenny-

Went through the same thing with my Maxxum about a year ago. I feel for you, but just look forward and think of all the film you won't need to buy anymore. :)

-Dan

:crying: it'll be ok

Jenny,

Pretend you are the camera. Sitting alone and unused in a closet. Yes - you know you are loved but .....
Know that your old friend is going to be happier feeling useful. It will always have the memories of you tucked in some corner of the case but you have set your friend off on new adventures and hopefully new love....

OK! NOW GET OVER IT!
Hugs
Renee

Time heals all wounds - especially time spent with a new digital :D.

you know the old saying, if you love someone-something then set it free, if it loves you it will come back to you, OOOOHH god i hope she didnt love me!!!! :D (kids mother) that is!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom