Semi-Dry for a large guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a semi-dry wetsuit that has the option of a 4xl. I’m 6ft and 270lbs and the 3xl I’ve tried don’t fit. I know they’re supposed to be tight, but the Henderson 3xl (brand/sizeI normally wear) was way too tight and the Pinnacle Polar I couldn’t get my arms into. Might just stick with my Henderson 7mm and a full lavacore underneath, but thought I’d see what others might be using.

Try a drysuit some brands has wide or even 2x wide version like my viking suit has size 3 wide should fit you :) almost the same size and height. Viking suit are also easy to buy second hand for nice prices if you have the time to wait for it prices varies a bit from the just check if it look good and is dry when in the water. I got even one for 20 euro for my wife in a thrift store :) Also you can check army surplus places as they might have them as well.

But check some other brands they have wide version of semi dry as well. (i only want to dive in wetsuit in very warm water and then I just use my drysuit just with a light undersuit. )

I like the Bare 7mm semi-dry front zip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom