Semi-Dry Suit ICELAND - Men’s Dive Wetsuit 7mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Everyone,
I'm am new to the forum and new to Scuba Diving, I am getting some material since I have none, and I'm already with a problem, I bought 2 suits ICELAND - Men’s Dive Wetsuit 7mm because I didn't know how it would fit and since it was an order from an online store I was afraid of getting the wrong size and have to buy another.

I got the size S and M, and both of them feel kinda different.

Before I explain what I feel when I wear them, I must say that I only feel comfortable diving in my country with a 7mm and that I didn't get a Dry suit, because I don't have experience with them and I'm not sure if I need some specific lessons to use them, and last but not least the price of them, they are really cool, I've seen people diving to 30m without having them even connected, and coming out of the water completely dry, so they must be great.

So I have 1,67cm in height and I weigh 67kg, following the size charts I found online the S would be the Perfect Fit and the M would also Fit.

I have not tested them in the water I'm afraid of not being able to return them if I do...
S size takes a lot of effort to put on, especially on the ankle seal, wrist and neck also feel tight but I can wear them more easily than the ankle seals, it takes much more effort for someone to zip the back because they must do a lot more strength to get the upper and lower parts together to zip, and the feel is much more skin to skin than the M size, neck seal feels tight on the adam apple and around the neck in general, the length of the arms is above the bone we have in the wrist.

When I wear the M, I feel it easier to put on and when people help with the back zipper its kinda easy to zip it, on my elbow pits when I close my arms it gets a bit loose there, when I crouch I feel some looseness on my knee pit, the seals on the wrists, ankle and neck do not feel as tight as the Size S.
What do you guys think I should do? Return both and try a different brand, keep one of them (which one)?
It is my first time trying a Semy Dry suit, I have no clue what I should feel.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and good dives for everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom