Servicing Training, NSW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Earl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!

With the death of diveoz forums a few years ago I'm posting here.

I'm wondering if there's somewhere near Sydney that does gear servicing training? I already maintain most of my own gear (basic understanding) but still take my regs in for a service every 24 months. Since my old shop closed. took it to a new joint for servicing and they ******* it up completeley, the LP inflator was constantly leaking into my wing and the venturi on my second stage was ridicululously loose.

I'd like to learn PROPERLY how to service me and my family's equipment. I know Christo in WA does the course, and apparently some dude in Avoca does it as well. Is there anywhere in Sydney I can get the training?

And I would like to actually learn how it works, not just tick some boxes. :)

Seems there are few professional technician service courses in Australia that are run to a high standard vs the 1-2 day manufacturer certification sessions.
You may need to travel interstate?
I know All About Scuba in the Northern surburbs of Melbourne have high standards and offer a few TQS accredited training courses:

Not since Steve Cross closed his business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom