servicing your own regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs:
Best advice is take the manufacturers service course. Most manufacturers like Scubapro have techs that travel and conduct these courses. then you can buy all the parts and tools you wish, not to mention you will actually know what you are doing.

Chris Bangs
even if you had taken the course you may not be able to get parts easily if you are not a dealer...

seafox69:
your regulator has a lifetime warranty for parts if you service it every year at a US Divers/Aqualung affiliiated store. It could cost you more in parts than it will to service it at a dealer since you will not get free parts.

Why would you want to fix your own reg when you don't know how to, don't have the correct tools, and will void your warranty by doing it yourself?

I have always had to pay for parts and labor when having my regs serviced, this time is no different. I was told right up front that since I did not buy from them I would be paying for parts. I have already payed plenty for parts kits. It does not apper to me that there is any warranty on the regulator but I could not tell you this for sure.

miketsp:
Go into the advanced search and use this whole line exactly as shown:

servicing "own regs"

including the punctuation. It will throw up a series of threads on this subject with useful links.
Cant do it.

awap:
Also, going the DIY route will allow you to buy some great older used regs at very favorable prices and put them back in to service at very low costs. I retired my modern regs and much prefer those 15 to 25 years old. They do not perform quite as well as the newer high performance regs, but the difference is often imperceptable. And they tend to be simpler and more rugged.

My wife and I went this route too. We retired her Cressi Airtech and she switched to an old Sherwood Brut setup that we found cheap and I overhauled. She loves it. I found another early 80's Sherwood 1st/2nd that went on the pony bottle and I'm now looking for a Brut setup for myself so I can get rid of my buggy, hard to find parts or service for Cressi setup.

coldstroke:
Cant do it.

What does "can't" mean?
Do you mean that you get no results?

Just to make sure that the search engine is still working I just copy-pasted the whole line into the keyword of the advanced search page and it gave back 87 threads, most of which are directly related to reg servicing.
Is the missing apostrophe in "can't" a typo or a character set problem?
Do you have a problem on your keyboard with apostrophes & inverted commas?

The word pair "own regs" should be enclosed in inverted commas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom