Settings for C-8080 + Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codfish

New
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I've got an 8080, and just ordered an Ikelite housing + dome port + DS125 strobe to go with it (TTL via sync cord). Eventually, I plan to go for the Oly wide converter ...

Can anyone recommend camera setting for the basic situations (wide angle, macro, fish photogtaphy)?

Thanks to all, and happy diving :06: .

Codfich

CodFish
There will be card that comes with the strobe I believe. It's yellow or greenish. It will tell how to set up your C-8080 with the Ikelite DS125 in TTL mode. Do NOT loose the card. [It tells how to set up for many other cameras also.]
I have the C-8080, Ikelite Housing and the DS125 strobe. Soak the strobe a lot after diving in salt water. The salt gets into the operating parts of the battery release part. You'll understand when you take the battery off to re-charge it.

Codfish,

I have the same setup, but I don't use it enough to remember settings and stuff. I would reccomend http://www.digideep.com for technical advice with u/w digital photography.

I used the same set up (less the dome port) for my trip to Australia (pictues at http://www.kodakgallery/davidbush). I hate to mention it, and I certainly hope you have a different experience, but I had a great deal of problems with minor leakage with the housing. Nothing catastrophic, but I pretty much had to strip the housing down after every dive or two and clean/lube it to try and get the thing to seal. I never had problems with my Olympus 5050 housing. Oh well...

Dave Bush
Titusville, FL

Nice shots, Astro

Dave Bush:

There is no reason for even one drop of water in our housings. Please send housing directly to us so condition can be corrected............

AstroDiver:
CodFish
There will be card that comes with the strobe I believe. It's yellow or greenish. It will tell how to set up your C-8080 with the Ikelite DS125 in TTL mode. Do NOT loose the card. [It tells how to set up for many other cameras also.

Hey!!! I didnt get a card!! I want one!!!

Seriously, no card in my box with the strobe. I have the exact same setup as well...minus the WAL port.

As far as leakage. I have well over 300 dives on my Ike 4040 housing. Never a single drop of water in mine. I did finally send it to Ike for new rings and springs but only because I had to send a DS5O in for repair.

It was that single event, and three wonderful dives without a camera, that FORCED me to finally upgrade to the 8080.

Why the 8080? PRICE vs features. I am just waiting for the housing to come from KenA at California Digital Diving. He swears he will try and have it here by Friday. I believe him. He is a stand up guy and a hell of photographer.

I will keep everyone posted on my results.

.....Oh yeah, what are those recommended settings again?

Terry S.

Looks like I made another mistake. I didn't pay attention to the housing specs in the original post. The housing that I have that I said I was having problems with was an Olympus housing. Sorry about that Ike! Didn't mean to disparage your housings. However, to make up for it, I'll mention that I've had excellent service from Ike in the past (above and beyond the call of duty), and talk about service when Ike hears about a problem on the web, he immediately PMs me and asks to fix it! I should have bought the Ikelight housing rather than the Olympus! :05: Sorry for the confusion...

DB

I've just purchased the same system...262 pages of instruction for the camera alone!
I've been shooting in "Portrait" with decent success, however I am going to try manual focus, since with Portrait having autofocus there is about a 1 sec delay from when push the trigger and the camera actualy fires

BTW...Dig around the Ikelite site...They have an excellant primer on digital underwater photography

It seems my brain isn't screwed on right. I just noticed that I refered you to digideep. They are great for talking hardware, but if you want info on settings and other such details go to http://www.digitaldiver.net. The olympus series is a very comon camera and there is plenty of stuff there on your topic.

Dave Bush
Titusville, FL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom