Seychelles or Mauritius?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings...I need some help in deciding on a destination for a dive trip in November. My choices are either the Seychelles or Mauritius. Does anybody have an opinnion on either one or both of these destinations? Some important factors are, the weather this time of the year, dive conditions, and some other activities besides diving. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks and safe diving for everyone. Joe

jsscuba:
Greetings...I need some help in deciding on a destination for a dive trip in November. My choices are either the Seychelles or Mauritius. Does anybody have an opinnion on either one or both of these destinations? Some important factors are, the weather this time of the year, dive conditions, and some other activities besides diving. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks and safe diving for everyone. Joe
Hi,
I did my first 2 dives in Seychelles. It is absoloutly marvelous. A lot of thing to see. But it's very expensive. Mauritus might be a cheaper choice (I've never been there).

Hi..Thanks for the info. Price is not much of a factor. More concerned about diving conditions and area activities. Can you recommend a hotel and dive shop? Joe

From what I've heard the reefs around Mauritus have been well and truly trashed over the years, but this is NOT first hand knowledge so I could be wrong. I've heard much better reports about the Seychelles. It's just a shame you're going all the way to the Indian Ocean and not going to the Maldives!!

I finally decided on the Seychelles. I thought about the Maldives, but was a little worried about the conditions after the tsunami.

jsscuba:
I finally decided on the Seychelles. I thought about the Maldives, but was a little worried about the conditions after the tsunami.

As far as I'm aware the Maldives are fully 100% up and running as there were only a couple of islands actually damaged during the Tsunami. The geography of the Maldives basically didn't allow any 'big' waves to form so all that they encountered was a quick rise in sea level of around 1 - 2m. We were on Kuredu Island when it hit and apart from not being able to dive for a day or two everything went on as normal. But hey hope you have a great time in the Seychelles!

Thanks for the info and the good wishes. Only a week left to go and counting!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom