SHADOW DIVERS EXPOSED: The Real Saga of the U-869

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H2Andy:
just means that they told their story, from their perspective. i just find that perspective a lot less bitter and venemous than Gentile's perspective, which seems designed to denigrate anything C and K ever did.

being left out of somebody else's story is not unusual. going out of your way to trash somebody else's story *IS* imho, a big deal, especially when the "hoax" basically boils down to editorial choices in putting Shadow DIvers together

Again, I would encourage all who have an interest in this to read both books and draw your own conclusion. I certainly have.

dab:
Read both books and draw your own conclusions. I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between. It does appear that there were many more individuals who played a significant role in the discovery and identification of the sub who did not receive credit.

Thank you!!!!!!!
That should have been the last statement made on this subject.
Well at least in my opinion. :D

divemaster_jim:
Thank you!!!!!!!
That should have been the last statement made on this subject.
Well at least in my opinion. :D

obviously you don't have stock on internet chat boards

:D

*** Mod Post #2 ***

Please play nice in the Sand Box!

Comments from both sides of the continuing fracas have been removed.

There is no need to get all pissy towards Gentile, Chatterton, Kohler or each other.

*** Mod Post ***

My guess is that both books are the "fictionalized" accounts of their respective authors. I guess I just can't get all worked up about this issue when there's a global ocean out there in serious trouble. Bet you couldn't guess from this post that I don't personally dive many wrecks.

All of my posts demolishing shadow divers were removed. Reference page numbers, direct quotes, direct contradictions, yet Ho Chi Minh's (history note: Ho was the murderer of American GIs) post denigrating Gentile remains.

Now I see banner ad for Chatterton and Kohler.

:wink:

Wonder how long this one will last?

We would gladly accept a banner from anyone else willing to pay. And we would expect them AND their fans to play nice as well.

Both were great books. I m pretty sure everyone here has read them both .One was written a bit better. Not sure why it matters who did what. The story has been told. I think no one in this thread had a vested inrterest in it. The show however is a bit mundane at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom