Share your experiences on NJ wrecks: RP Resor, Gulftrade, Tolten, India Arrow, Persephone, Varanger, USS Jacob Jones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm writing summaries about several Jersey Shore wrecks for a non-fiction history book that I'm working on (it's not specifically a guide to NJ wrecks, but it does feature several). The wrecks in question are the RP Resor, Gulftrade, Tolten, India Arrow, Persephone, Varanger, and USS Jacob Jones. I've dived a couple of these, but none terribly recently. I'm looking for the following information:
  • The condition of the wreck the last time you dived it (please state the year).
  • Physical description of it (i.e. "entirely flattened and low-lying, the wheelhouse is a jumble of debris about 50 feet east...")
  • The most notable features.
  • Its discovery, the history of divers visiting it, and any funny stories/tragic/significant incidents that occurred while diving/fishing it.
  • Recommendations for visiting (what part of the wreck to check out).
  • Anything else about the wreck you think is noteworthy.
I'm crowdsourcing this because I'm seeking information more current than can be found in books, as wrecks obviously change over time as they degrade. No information about the wreck's sinking is needed (unless you know something really wild), as I mostly have all that well covered. If you'd like to be credited by name in my sources then please message me directly, otherwise just post your answers here.

Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom