Sharm El-Sheikh F.A.Q.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Asser,
How r u? i'm back in sharm, just give me a call to arrange how to meet, also to arrange our dives :wink:
looking forward to diving with u (but i don't SCOOT :p)

Hello everyone,

long time no see, huh! :) Hope u all guys are doing great.
I've in Helsinki for almost 1.5 year, doing my master degree in economics. It's a very hard study, I can barely find time to check my emails!
Any way I'm having my term holiday for one month, and I'm going diving in Sharm on 8.1.2008. Hope to see as many of u as possible :)

Wael

My son and his wife live in London and have invited me to accompany them on a dive trip to the Red Sea. The dive club stays at the Camel Hotel and Dive Club, has anyone stayed in this hotel? If so, would you recommend it?

Regards,

Bill

My son and his wife live in London and have invited me to accompany them on a dive trip to the Red Sea. The dive club stays at the Camel Hotel and Dive Club, has anyone stayed in this hotel? If so, would you recommend it?

Regards,

Bill

I stayed and dived there three or four times and intend to be there again soon Inshaa Allah. The hotel is excellent and the dive club is very good.

Thanks for all the input, this is why I love this board!!!!! If the kids go, I intend to make the trip as well. It seems that my younger son wants to come as well. He and I dove Fiji last year and had a great time. Again, thanks for all the info. If you have any traveling suggestions I would appreciate that as well.

Regards,

Bill

hi guys

are padi ow divers allowed to dive the thistlegorm?? not inside it or anything, just outside, or are the currents too strong for a novice

Officially OWD are not allowed to dive there. It's not only the problem of being in an overhead environment but also it's because of the currents which may be really strong there, and OWD divers may not be able to cope with them.

Mania

And it's quite deep as well (25-30m), so not within the depth range recommended for OWD.

Officially OWD are not allowed to dive there. It's not only the problem of being in an overhead environment but also it's because of the currents which may be really strong there, and OWD divers may not be able to cope with them.

Mania

Sorry Mania but I think it is wrong... AOW will not learn how to deal with currents, they will learn how to dive to 30M, they will learn Nav. and with some luck will have a night dive.

To deal with currents is mainly experiance (dive,dive,dive,dive....)
:11doh:

Back
Top Bottom