shave mustache?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyresq:
A couple of friends smear a little vasaline on theire stash. they say it works great. don't use a water based product as it will wash off as soon as you go in the water.
But vaseline is petroleum based and will break down the silicone skirt shortening the life of your mask. I'm with the shave 1/8" group, although I've gone spells without and the minor bit of leakage isn't an issue. When I feel water on my nose I clear, but it's not even a conscious thought proces anymore. If you asked me when or how much I clear my mask I couldn't tell you, other than to say when I need to.
Fit is everything. I've looked longingly at the Cressi Big Eyes and Mares Xvision masks for their wonderful field of view, but unfortunatly they don't come even close to fitting my face.

Groundhog246:
I've looked longingly at the Cressi Big Eyes and Mares Xvision masks for their wonderful field of view, but unfortunatly they don't come even close to fitting my face.

Same here, on another thread I saw a recommendation for the Mythos, tried it out and it fits me great.

Jeff

JRO:
Same here, on another thread I saw a recommendation for the Mythos, tried it out and it fits me great.

Jeff
Thanks, I'm gonna have to check into that one next time I'm in the LDS. Just to confirm, you do mean the Aqualung Mythos? I don't see mention of corrective lenses available.

Vaseline will eventually ruin the mask, don't use any petroleum based product.

Groundhog246:
Thanks, I'm gonna have to check into that one next time I'm in the LDS. Just to confirm, you do mean the Aqualung Mythos? I don't see mention of corrective lenses available.

That's the one, unfortunately I don't know if corrective lenses are an option.

JRO:
That's the one, unfortunately I don't know if corrective lenses are an option.
My regular LDS is an Aqualung dealer (I dive US Divers/Aqualung regs) so will check. I know Mares and Cressi do, although higher diopter lens for the Mares aren't available yet, but coming soon :eyebrow: ) No immediate need for a mask, but would like to have a second with the right lenses for a backup in case I break or lose on a trip.

Through blind luck my wife bought an Ocanic Xsite (sp?) as a Christmas present. The plan was to have prescription lenses fitted, and that's what was done. It works great for me. No shaving needed.

From my profile picture you can see that I have plenty of hair under my nose. It seems like low volume masks do better for us hirsuit types.

Good luck...KYDan

SueMermaid:
I find that shaving works best for me.

Ooop. :11: What am I doing in this forum?!

Just the kind of woman I have been waiting all my life for....

Someone I have to yell at for leaving the seat up and leaving wiskers in the sink...

Thanks everyone for the tips. I will try to find a mask that just works with my 'stache as is. Brian.

Back
Top Bottom