Shearwater Tern and Tern TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To me, this still means that Shearwater has not really fixed the issue. I also find it hard to believe that SW would continue to replace Teric batteries for free (and multiple times for many) if there is a fix like this ? Regardless, following the manufacturer’s guidance can hardly be called user error!!!

Also, my assumption (maybe incorrect) was that the SW charger shuts off when the unit hits 100 and starts blinking? If not, and your solution works, then it’s really disappointing that SW has not updated their charging guidance!

I just sent SW a question on how their charger behaves and will report back when they respond.
You should see how scubapro responds to peon suggestions although Sherwood was the worst.

i no longer use shearwater but for me the Teric’s battery was finally perfect but you can believe what you like and do as you like I can only tell you of my experience.

Which QI charger do you use?
Here is a picture since we can’t link
IMG_5527.png

my assumption (maybe incorrect) was that the SW charger shuts off when the unit hits 100 and starts blinking?
Your assumption is correct. I recall some old threads where people were leaving it on the charger and being disappointed when it wasn't at 100% several months later.

Your assumption is correct. I recall some old threads where people were leaving it on the charger and being disappointed when it wasn't at 100% several months later.
Is this charging behavior common to all charging banks? Is there a fb loop? How does the Teric sense that it's been charged by a bank and not a transformer?

Is this charging behavior common to all charging banks? Is there a fb loop? How does the Teric sense that it's been charged by a bank and not a transformer?
That’s how they are supposed to work, my though was the charge rate was killing the battery.

That’s how they are supposed to work, my though was the charge rate was killing the battery.
DiveTronix told me it was the charge rate that was the problem. Do not use a normal big charge pad they waid. Use a small one, like the one for the Peregrine.

DiveTronix told me it was the charge rate that was the problem. Do not use a normal big charge pad they waid. Use a small one, like the one for the Peregrine.
Did DiveTronix have any feedback on the charging cradle included with the Teric? It would be bad if that was not charging at a “safe” rate.

I ordered that charger to add to my extensive collection, mainly because it's cheap and looks cool. Thanks @lexvil

I ordered that charger to add to my extensive collection, mainly because it's cheap and looks cool. Thanks @lexvil
I just ordered another one, because $23! I don’t even need the QI anymore except for my phone but it’s just handy to have around. I leave mint on a hallway windowsill and while the solar cell isn’t very powerful it does maintain the charge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom