shipwreck presentation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aue-mike

Contributor
Reaction score
From another list...thought it might be of interest to some here since there is a NC shipwreck presentation included.

You are invited to attend the VBTech Guest Speaker show between 9 am and 5 pm, Feb 5th at Lynnhaven Dive Center in Virginia Beach, VA.

The Tech Show is free to all and hotdogs and drinks will be provided for lunch. This year’s guest speakers include:

As many of you may already know the VBTech all day meeting and show will be on Feb 5, 2005 this year. It has been decided that we will have an area where divers may display artifacts again this year. I encourage divers to do this because if you chose not to, then you make those right that claim removing artifacts from shipwrecks should not be done because Jane & John Doe will never get to see them. I know that a number of divers do not remove artifacts and chose to take photos of shipwrecks, caves or even both, so this year we will have an area that will also allow photos to be displayed. Please email me at "techdiver at comcast dot net" ... or simply reply to this post to allow us to prepare for everyone. Also please FWD this to those you think may want to participate in this.

This is a schedule of events for the day, minor changes/adjustments may be made before the show.

8:00 – 8:10 Artifact Viewing
8:10 – 9:00 Seating and Admin announcements
9:00 – 9:40 Peter Hess – “Shipwrecks, Artifacts and Admiralty Law”
9:40 – 10:00 Break
10:00 – 10:40 Heather Choat – “Cross-Over Skills - Cave to Wreck Diving”
10:40 – 11:00 Break
11:00 – 11:40 Steve Lewis - “Great Wrecks of the Great Lakes”
11:40 – 12:30 Lunch and artifact viewing
12:30 – 1:10 Karen Flynn & Greg Masi - “Exploring the Wreck EM Clark”
1:10 – 1:30 Break
1:30 – 2:10 Pete Nawrocky – “Dive Rite’s Tech Diving Technologies”
2:10 – 2:30 Break
2.30 – 3:10 Tom Sawicki & JT Barker – “The Wrecking of the Bow Mariner”
3:10 – 3:30 Break
3:30 – 4:10 Mike Barnette – “Florida’s Submerged History”
4:10 – 5:00 Artifact viewing and chat with the guest speakers

I think there are a some of us from the NC club that are going to attend. Who is in for attending this show?

Mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom