Shipwrecks 2004/Preserve Our Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My apologies to the board and it’s members,

Last Friday was a little more than a hectic day for me. I was flooded with phone calls and e-mails from people requesting last minute info on our Shipwrecks Symposium being held the next day. We even had a couple Sponsors donating door prizes which required updating the web site and power point presentations. By the time 2:30 rolled around, the calls and e-mails were still coming but I had to get to the airport to pick up speakers, deliver them to the hotel and then help setting up the AV at the auditorium.

Knowing that a lot of Ontario and Upper NY divers are on the board, I thought I could lighten my load a bit and quickly cut and pasted an e-mail I had sent to registrants and posted it to the scuba board.

In hindsight, although it may have been beneficial and informative to a few of the Ontario Fresh Water Freaks, to those not in the area or not interested in the show, it must have come across as a blatant advertisement. Although it was not my intent, I do apologize to all for my severe lack of brain power at the time.

I promise to be more selective of my posts in the future.

I don't think you need to worry much Ian. You did an excellent job on the show (as always) and I would hope no one is terribly upset about advertizing since it is of interest to divers and was not a for-profit event.

Any roast beef sandwiches left over?????

I attended shipwercks symposium in Welland this year for the first time and was impressed with the quality and organization of the symposium and with the quality of the speakers. I attended on an invitation from the Niagra Divers Association to represent Perserve Our Wrecks.

The reason for attending was that POW was to be presented with a replica of the placque that was stolen off the electric generator of the Munson on Labour Day weekend 1999. The Niagra Diver Association generously had the placque reproduced in order that it may be returned to its rightful place on the Munson.

May I express my sincere gratitude to the Niagra Divers Association for this honour and congraulate them on a job very well done and I hope to see them again next year.

Wayne Plumb
President
Preserve Our Wrecks Kingston

P.S. As a side note as soon as I can get it scanned I will place it on this board for all to see, again my sincerest gratitued to the Niagra Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom