Shore Based DM course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philn

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Forum,

My first post :)

I’ve a keen diver and have just completed my Rescue Diver and looking forward to progressing to DM. Unfortunately, I get very seasick and as such prefer dives that start from the shore. I’m based in UK (only speak English), however have travelled abroad for all my diving. I’ve found a lot of "live aboard" based DM courses, but they wouldn’t work for me.

Question/Request: I’m looking for recommendations for DM courses which are mainly "shore based" dives. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Philip

I can't think of one, but I'd start searching in the ABC islands. Off the top of my head, that would seem like your best bet or just stay home and work with a local shop/BSAC that does a lot of quarry diving.

Hi Forum,

My first post :)

I’ve a keen diver and have just completed my Rescue Diver and looking forward to progressing to DM. Unfortunately, I get very seasick and as such prefer dives that start from the shore. I’m based in UK (only speak English), however have travelled abroad for all my diving. I’ve found a lot of "live aboard" based DM courses, but they wouldn’t work for me.

Question/Request: I’m looking for recommendations for DM courses which are mainly "shore based" dives. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Philip
Look at Technical Dive Services in Bonaire.

Look at Technical Dive Services in Bonaire.
And also look at any other dive shop in Bonaire. One important aspect of DM training is the interactions with students and with divers while guiding or helping. The bigger dive shops have more of that going on than do the smaller, more specialized shops.

agree with above posters. check bonaire and curacao as well.

you might also be able to do it on grand cayman or roatan.

Ours here in Nova Scotia was shore-based (PADI), but included one boat dive day. I believe that was to fulfill a course requirement and do a boat dive briefing. Having talked to other shops, I think that is pretty much the norm in North America (at least with PADI).

Ours here in Nova Scotia was shore-based (PADI), but included one boat dive day. I believe that was to fulfill a course requirement and do a boat dive briefing. Having talked to other shops, I think that is pretty much the norm in North America (at least with PADI).
There is no requirement to do a boat dive briefing. A briefing for a dive site, yes, but it does not have to be a boat dive.

There is no requirement to do a boat dive briefing. A briefing for a dive site, yes, but it does not have to be a boat dive.
Thanks. Is there now (or years ago) a requirement for the one boat dive itself?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom