Shore Dive at House of Refuge- TODAY June 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shcubasteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Visibility is spectacular today and should hold until the wind changes. The Georges Valentine wreck off the house of refuge is about 100-200 yards offshore in 18'. I am working at Deep Six 'till 3pm and will head to the beach after then. Anyone interested? If you want to come, call the shop at 772-692-2747 and ask for Steve

See ya at the beach.

Treasure Coast Shore Diving Event members, look for an email in your in box as well

Steve Wood
Deep Six Jensen
772-692-2747

Other than the wreck, what else is there? Reason I ask us I vaguely remember something about it being just sandy bottom.

Other than the wreck, what else is there? Reason I ask us I vaguely remember something about it being just sandy bottom.

Not much- the wreck is the main attraction.

hows things looking? im finishing up a paper for class and I'll be gearing up to drive down from Rockledge, FL

Storms on the way... lets hope they stay clear of us. as long as there is no lightning, I dont mind getting wet.

What was the verdict. Did you guys make it down there or did you get blown out by the storm?

I'm planning a dive day tommorow but can't decide between Ft Pierce or House of Refuge.

Hoping the Winds don't change too much too quickly

I didn't make it.

If the weather holds out, I'm down for pepper park around 11am

What a dive! After that storm passed through the ocean was flatter then a middle school cheerleader. Visibility was epic at 50' in 15 FSW. My buddy and I stopped at the House of Refuge and could see the wreck from shore but unfortunately, a boat was casting into the schools of bait around the area. Since be brought the kayaks, we decided to head to Bathtub for a longer dive. Just as we launched, a big bolt of lightning hit about a mile or 2 offshore and for a second we thought of aborting. Good thing we didn’t. The water was 82* and clean as Palm Beach!! We saw 2-3 little grouper, plenty of tropicals 2 8’ nurse sharks. I found a snorkel and a polespear buried in the sand. 71 minutes underwater and a leisure paddle back to shore.

The schools of bait were neat- tarpon rolling, jacks tearing them up and plenty of mackerel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom