Shore dives L.A. 4th of July weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clammy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is anyone doing any shore dives on Friday the 3rd (early morning) or Sunday the 5th afternoon in the greater Los Angeles area? I know some people are hopping on the Specter but I'm kinda strapped right now and wouldn't mind doing a shore dive instead.

Ooo, that looks like fun! But it might be too far south. I need to be back in Malibu around 10 or 11 to do some climbing. BUT, if the climbing doesn't happen, I'll keep that dive in mind! Thanks Elena!

P.S. I'm so jealous of your Giant Sea Bass encounters last weekend!!

Hi Brian,
Possibly Friday 7/3 Shaws Cove surf permitting, probably 10am ish. Join us if possible.

You be careful there Elena!

Hmm.. I just looked up where Shaws cove is.. that's REALLY far south!!

Yes its was amazing to swim with these docile "submarines" bigger than me (I swear I could hear the Hollywood soundtrack of sonar pings in the background). One came up to me face to face almost kissing distance until I had to exhale then he slowly turned away in the opposite direction.

Dave, I definitely dive within my limits when it comes to surf. Shaws is pretty and will be a fun mapping excercise for my DM candidates. Its just going back up the stairs wet and sandy that sucks.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom