Shore diving in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggeorgie2007

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place in the Caribbean that has alot of access to good shore diving. I know Bonaire is a good option, however, I like the possibility to see sharks and dolphins and from the research I have done... there are no sharks in Bonaire. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The trip will take place June 19-June 27th.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place in the Caribbean that has alot of access to good shore diving. I know Bonaire is a good option, however, I like the possibility to see sharks and dolphins and from the research I have done... there are no sharks in Bonaire. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The trip will take place June 19-June 27th.

The east side of Bonaire, typically dove by boat has more chances of big animal encounters than the west side that is typically dove from shore. On my recent trip, some people we met saw 15 eagle rays in the same dive they saw, sharks and turtles.

See Welcome at Larry's Wild Side bonaire diving

example report of tiger shark here

Bonaire Talk: Ever felt really small???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom