Short/Long term goals...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to get down to 180# (from 205# at the beginning of the challenge) or maybe a bit less. Once I've got some of the fat off, then I want to start excersizing more. I believe that with the ability to *see* the gains from excersize better and not have them hid by fat that I'll have more incentive to stick with the excersize.

Then, I want to get my SAC rate down to at least 0.6 -- and I want to take a GUI DIRF class, and I want to be able to pass the swim test with a basic level of competency rather than the "barely passing" level that my fitness and swimming skills are at now...

ChrisM:
Short term? Lose 50# 274 to 224, better fit for the drysuit

Long term? Just generally feel better about myself, more energy, not having weight be an "issue" (i.e., called "big guy", worried about weight restrictions on other activities), increase fitness level

Chris
I agree with you. I have been "Big Guy" all my life. I have a feeling that it has little to do with my height and more to do with my weight. Hopefully with luck, encouragement, and a lot of will power we'll be there soon enough :wink:

Having been to my WW weigh-in this lunchtime, my goal is to lose 10lbs. I am currently 3lbs over my goal weight of 147lbs, but like to be at 140lbs, as I find it is better for my running.

Good luck to everyone!

cheers
Rosie

CONGRATS!!!!!!! Greg great work!!! Keep going!!!

:balloon

PS I was thinking of changing your stats from "Regular Member" to "Reached my goal".
OK?

Very good...send some of those skinny vibes this way!

That is great - so proud of you!! Send the rest of us your positive vibes.

Becky

Congratulations! WTG, Greg! :thumb:

Natasha:
CONGRATS!!!!!!! Greg great work!!! Keep going!!!

:balloon

PS I was thinking of changing your stats from "Regular Member" to "Reached my goal".
OK?

Do it. It'll be a reminder for me to keep this up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom