Short Warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

21isfun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Why is it that it seems like Oceanic has only a 24 month warranty when many other companies offer limited lifetime warranties on similar (both quality and price) products?

On what are you talking about? Regs are parts for life with regular maintenance. Other items like BC's are usuallly handled long after 24 months. Unless you abuse it. I'd never expect more than two years on a bc. And what other companies are you referring to?

Most products in the line carry a 2-year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship - quite standard in the industry, with just a couple of exceptions. We differentiate between a warranty and a service agreement - which we also offer - a lifetime parts replacement program for regulators. Why don't some of these same companies offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee or answer questions like these on the forum? Sorry, did I say that last part out loud?

Sorry, did I say that last part out loud?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Sorry Doug,couldn't resist this one.

On what are you talking about? Regs are parts for life with regular maintenance. Other items like BC's are usuallly handled long after 24 months. Unless you abuse it. I'd never expect more than two years on a bc. And what other companies are you referring to?

Scubatoys lists the warranties on Oceanic regs at 24 months, while Mares, Scubapro, and Aqualung have limited lifetime warranties. That's why I was wondering.

Back
Top Bottom