Shortening sprig straps....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
Sure they will. No problem.

Well maybe on a rainy day, I will attack it but for sure will need a bit of liquid courage to tackle this....they weren't the cheapest straps. :D :D :D

Uncle Pug:
OK... now to the real issue:

Why do you need your straps tighter? Are they so loose they are dragging behind you? Are your fins falling off?

One foot is snug and fine, the other is looser thus the fin is loose and I can feel it pivot/rock/move on the boots making finning more ackward.

Tamas...

You might pull out the ScubaPro buckle from the delrin rod based on my "Hoosier" Spring Strap experience.

Use some heat, such as a soldering iron, on the buckle. It used be flexible after being heated. And then, un-bend one side and pull out the buckle.

The main reason to use the heat is to keep the shape of the buckle as much as possible. If you don't care about the cosmetic, you can pull out it without any heat.

I hope it helps.

Uncle Pug:
Hoosier... why would he need to do that?!

" If they are what I think they are then the a couple of coils at the end of the spring have been bent over at 90 degrees and then shoved into the hole in the delrin. Just take them apart and cut off the required amount of spring and using pliers bend a couple of coils (or just copy the original) to make the new 90."

You have already addressed the reason above... To pull out the end of the spring..... It is much easier and cheaper to handle the buckle than the delrin (plastic) stuff....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom