Show me your best dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zendiver1:
I'll jump in on this one too and show what I have done as well. Some of them are quite large, but well worth the wait.

Let me know what you think: Dive Videos

haven't had a chance to view all your video's - too busy rummaging around your site. it's absolutely fantastic! so much information, i'll be rummaging for a while. the few vids i did see were great..... sorta like a moving "photo album". i'd really like to see a little 'movie' though...

meekal, thank you so much for the compliments. I tried to cater the main site for the OW and AOW divers....it's funny how we tend to forget and overlook the obvious.

When you said, "I'd really like to see a little 'movie' though", does little reference 'smaller' file sizes OR putting the best together in like a trailor? Just curious.

zendiver1:
meekal.....
When you said, "I'd really like to see a little 'movie' though", does little reference 'smaller' file sizes OR putting the best together in like a trailor? Just curious.

"Movie" is a strong word.

What I think he meant was an edited video. Some of us like to gather our video clips, put them into a particular order and add a soundtrack.

It's a lot of fun because it taps into your creative side and the end result is usually more entertaining to watch than the original raw footage. I say usually because my family and friends end up leaving the room when I show my videos. :D

dang RONROSA... you're doing better than me... i can't even get them into the room to begin with!

ZENDIVER, the file size was just fine; RONROSA is right on about the MOVIE - just makes them a 'tad' more fun.

I thought that was what you were referring to. I put the raw footage clips on the web and then put together DVD's with all the footage. Well, let me rephrase that....not all the footage. I capture everything, then edit out what I don't want. Then, I take the best of each part of the footage and categorize them. Turtles, Rays (then separate those by kinds), Sharks (same way), etc...you get my point. After all that is done, I edit the footage, put together music, transitions, titles, etc. Create and opening intro and closing animation with credits, and make motion menus, subtitles, and insert edited footage and bring it all together for a nice DVD. I have several completed and never get tired of watching them.

meekal:
well dang son.... put 'em up on the web!!!! share the joy! (drop by http://piddlefish.servepics.com/SCUBA/video.html for my humble contribution to the 'cause')

half the fun is seeing what others are doing so we all can 'learn'

I agree. But a lot of people, for various reasons, don't post their finished work.

Compressing files down
Hosting
Piracy concerns
Etc..

Like you, I would like to see more of other members videos, but what can ya do. Hopefully as video becomes more and more popular we'll see more videos.

I just want to say this is one of the most rewarding threads ever. Great videos everybody!!! Notable mentions go to Ronrosa, Zendiving (that moray was entertaining),Rick Murchison (loved that loggerhead) and Sjspeck (Maldives looks awesome, downloading the full clip at 4.5 right now)

Gordo

Well, I guess I'll jump in and post our videos: http://www.alohadays.com/Diving/

So far it's been "point and pray" but hopefully I'll get a little better at this with more practice.

Apologies in advance for our Racha Yai DM's grabbing the porcupine fish.

Back
Top Bottom