SI Tech Drysuit Inflator leaking (self-inflating) FIX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverintheflesh

Contributor
Reaction score
There are many old threads so this one includes a fix since the others may have missed where one of the leaks were actually coming from.

https://www.scubaboard.com/community/search/32916521/?q=Si+tech+inflator+leaking&t=post&o=date

The o-rings are 008 (qty 2), 009 (qty 1), and 117 (qty 1).

Here is Tridents o-ring chart to download. I laminated mine so it would last. When printed it is actual size.

http://www.tridentdive.com/achart.pdf

YES! there is a third o-ring. It is inside if the inflator under a plastic lock ring that holds the two halves together that spin.

I broke out that ring and the two halves can apart. I replaced the o-ring inside (117) and cleaned off all the surfaces. I'm not sure how the o-ring was damaged but I suspect it is just a poor design on SI Tech's part.

I used a nylon washer to fill in the space and a (inner circular) stainless steel c-clip 5/8" to hold the two pieces together. This replaced the ring I broke to get the two pieces apart. That part is inside the drysuit so SS isn't needed but I rinse out my drysuit after a weekend of diving. I had not been removing the inflator and blowing it out so I have a feeling that could be the culprit...

When you peel the sticker off, clean it up, drill a hole in it big enough to put the Allen wrench through the hole and crazy glue it back on. This way you can get the cover off and still have the logo on it.

Regretably I didn't think of pictures until now since I couldn't find a solution online, but here are the details at least...

The attached file is the cutaway. #5 is o-ring 009, #8 are o-rings 008, and #9 is o-ring 117, #10 is the lock ring.

Screenshot_2018-05-22-22-29-43~3.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom