Si-tech Neck tite user experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the system on my DUI TLS350 for nearly 2 years and over 150 dives.

Pros: I love the feel of the silicon seals. I can use plain old vaseline as my neck lubricant with silicone. I really like the idea of a field replacement option, but haven't needed it. The seals look as good today as when I installed them. I run the SiTech wrist ring system and silicone wrist seals also. I can loan out my suit if needed and replace the seal with a larger one if needed.

Cons: I have narrow shoulders and the ring makes it more difficult (but still workable) to reach my drysuit exhaust valve.

Neutral: The ring sits under my shoulder straps. Not noticeable underwater, but would be above water with thinner underwear. FWI I dive 47-52 F water.

I recently moved this suit to back-up status and decided not to spend the money on a neck-tite ring for my newer suit. I would like to use silicone seals and have them easily replaceable, but the cost and reduced access to my exhaust valve are delaying me. If I have a neck seal failure I can still use my back-up suit.

I haven't had any problems with mine running under the harness, and my harness definitely sits on it. I dive the suit that has the neck ring with doubles in warm water, so that's a lot of weight on the straps.

I DO notice significant decrease in mobility with the ring. I had to get rid of the Halo undergarment, because the shoulder pads would butt up against the ring and preclude me from reaching my isolator at all. With the Thermal Fusion, I can reach it, but it isn't easy or particularly pretty. Santi advised me against putting it in my E-Lite, but I had already decided not to. It does make it really easy to swap out a seal, though.

Back
Top Bottom