Question Sierra Remodel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMurrr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Long story, but I may be acquiring a 10 year old sierra with <10 dives on it.
Its missing the battery/charger, so I was thinking of making it a bit of a project and remodeling to use the PTBs or maybe a different battery module

I'll also probably need to reseal things, replace o-rings etc etc
I'm a little new to DPV maintenance but want the experience of doing it myself for the fun of the project.
I have two scooters already, a P2 and a blacktip travel.

The scooter has been tested with a lawnmower battery and works.. above ground.
So what all should I buy/replace/reseal to get this thing dive-able again?

I will need a new battery too. My first thought is the PTB upgrade since I already use PTBs in my main scooters.
I also noticed DiveX is out of stock on their Sierra PTB retrofit kit.
I know Paragon has them for ~$900 but this scooter is as much a project as it is intended to be regularly used. I'd rather not dump that type of cash into it.
I was considering trying to build one myself based off of these + some soldering. Is this worth attempting? Or heck no

Thank you in advance!

Buy a batt, smart DPV and BT prop from jona
New orings and shaft seal
Enjoy for another 10 years.

Buy a batt, smart DPV and BT prop from jona
New orings and shaft seal
Enjoy for another 10 years.
So:
x1 - Blacktip Prop Upgrade Kit for DPVS — ExplorerTechnology
x1 - Smart-DPV ESC — ExplorerTechnology
One of the batteries

x1 - Rear Shaft Seal (Cuda/Sierra)
x4 - Body O-Ring, Inner -261
x4 - Body O-Ring, Outer -263

Correct?

I'm not convinced I want to dump $2k into getting this scooter working. I already have a lot of PTB's laying around and chargers so I was hoping for advice on retrofitting it to use my existing batteries. The new prop might be a nice touch though.

New esc is needed for the new Batts. Unless you already upgraded yours.

I think I have a spare ring and base plate for the PTB conversion laying around. You’d need to come up with battery holders and a harness but it’d be a start

will see what I have tomorrow and shoot you some pics

Hey that’s great. While you are there, can you send over the pics you offered to send me a couple weeks ago on the mako basket case? Have sent a couple DMs and never got a response after your original offer. Thanks

Definitely a start! I'm interested for sure

Do you think these would work for battery holders?
Battery Adapter for DeWALT 20V Max 18v Dock Power Connector 12 Gauge Robotics

Here's what I got. I machined both parts, entire design was cloned from the diveX one I bought. I don't normally make stuff I can buy but the DiveX markup is insane. The good news is, when I do make something I make spares
IMG_6866.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom