Sold! Silent Submersion Magnus DPV Upgraded!

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitrzac

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to sell my fully rebuilt and upgraded Silent Submersion Magnus DPV. 3 rebreathers sounds more useful than 3 DPVs right now, haha
Runs smooth and silent with the Smart DPV esc and BT prop.

I've done 7k penetration at nearly top speed and still came out with 50% battery.
Trim and neutral in fresh water.

All work done Spring 2023
12s7p 35ah 1550w battery with Bluetooth BMS(Factory is 20ah, a double magnus is 40ah)
Smart DPV Esc
4 Blade Blacktip Prop
Bulkhead/support installed for increased depth capabilities.
Shaft seal, tow cord/bolt snap replaced.

$4400
Located in WI but could be convinced to meet somewhere in the midwest at a cave, or I'm in FL around Christmas time. Not looking to ship at this time.

20231030_115659.jpg
20231030_115725.jpg
20231030_115756.jpg
20231030_115833.jpg
20231030_115847.jpg

Looking to sell my fully rebuilt and upgraded Silent Submersion Magnus DPV. 3 rebreathers sounds more useful than 3 DPVs right now, haha
Runs smooth and silent with the Smart DPV esc and BT prop.

I've done 7k penetration at nearly top speed and still came out with 50% battery.
Trim and neutral in fresh water.

All work done Spring 2023
12s7p 35ah 1550w battery with Bluetooth BMS(Factory is 20ah, a double magnus is 40ah)
Smart DPV Esc
4 Blade Blacktip Prop
Bulkhead/support installed for increased depth capabilities.
Shaft seal, tow cord/bolt snap replaced.

$4500
Located in WI but could be convinced to meet somewhere in the midwest at a cave, or I'm in FL around Christmas time. Not looking to ship at this time.

View attachment 808327View attachment 808326View attachment 808325View attachment 808324View attachment 808323
How do you like the Smart-dpv esc upgrade? Is it really that much quieter and more efficient?

How do you like the Smart-dpv esc upgrade? Is it really that much quieter and more efficient?
It's dead silent. Quieter than the blacktip.
Between the esc and prop you gain about 15% more range from the same battery it uses an FOC sinewave vs DC square of the controllers of yesteryear

It's dead silent. Quieter than the blacktip.
Between the esc and prop you gain about 15% more range from the same battery it uses an FOC sinewave vs DC square of the controllers of yesteryear
Thats impressive, I currently have a blacktip and a P2 (usually in P1 configuration)

I hate-hate-hate the noise of the P2... but the smart-dpv escs are currently out of stock

The piranha will always be a bit louder from the belt drive, but a smart dpv makes it much quieter as well

Quick question, how did you upgrade to 4 blades on a BT prop?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom