simple scallopes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With a few exceptions I have found the seafood at large chain restaurants is usually very disappointing

imo the best seafood restaurant is Legal Seafood :11ztongue

I eat the rock scallops I find here either underwater during the dive or I take them home and bread them and pan fry them.

Ishie:
Stupid question:

Someone told me on a dive boat I was on that they make cheap bay 'scallops' out of bat ray. Is that true or did I get hosed?

i dont know exactly what fish it is, but yes there are "scallops" that are not scallops. i belive they use something like a cookie cutter on the fish

its kinda like imatation crab which is polllock (sp?)
not a stupid question at all

Fly N Dive:
With a few exceptions I have found the seafood at large chain restaurants is usually very disappointing

imo the best seafood restaurant is Legal Seafood :11ztongue

I was in the Boston area a few years ago and ate at Legal Seafood. Great food.
Had the Lobster Bisque, some seared Tuna, and five wine sampler. Fantastic!

Legal Seafood seems to be an exception. I ate at the one on Long Island several times and surprisingly good for a franchise.

PB565:
Legal Seafood seems to be an exception. I ate at the one on Long Island several times and surprisingly good for a franchise.
thats because they are not a franchise :wink: all are owned by the company.

dlndavid:
Had the Lobster Bisque, some seared Tuna, and five wine sampler. Fantastic!
next time you have a chance try the thai style calamari (ask for it, it might only be on the menu as "spicy") the Cioppino is very good as is there chocolate ice cream :11ztongue

Back
Top Bottom