Sinlge vs double bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to try a UK cave diving trick

I dive 2 x 7l 300 bar sidemount steels in a cave, and yes they are very neg. I then often am carrying several stages (also steel, ally tanks would be written off after a 5 hour carry in with several abseils)

We often use polystyrene floats in the cam bands to help offset the negative bouyancy. Thats how I managed 143m with 8 stages

Doesn't mater what you use to offset being that much negative you have a problem. Wings or suit, you are gonna need a lot of redundancy in case something goes pop.

Why do you need such a heavy rig. Mines much lighter and is good for dives to 70-80m with runtimes up to 1.5 hours. Unless your doing longer and deeper

Why not go the rebreather route and save yourself a whole bunch of weight like I did. I dread hefting my twins now, so much bulk, cld air, noise and costly fills. I can do a weekends 70m trimix diving on a 3L $15 fill

Rebreather...Now your talking. maybe someday. I have to buy two my wife wants one also.

Mike,
Once you get a rebreather AND get confortable on it you will never go back... I cringe at the though of even loading a set of doubles again..

I hear all this shi* about how long it takes to set up... fact is when everyone is trying to get their gear set up between dives I'm relaxing in the sun.. A few minutes before Its time to get in, I suit up and do my pre breathe....

I am doing longest bottom time than I have ever done (On average) with the shortest required decos... I've lost track of how many 3hour dives I have done.....

And its cheap... I get a few days of trimix dives on a single diluent fill, no more lugging multiple sets of doubles and spending a fortune on gas.

:doctor:
I use a double bladder and have no problems with it in terms of inflation or streamlining. I use a Zeagle tech with the big bertha bladder system (yes and a back plate). I tuck the extra inflator hose back out of the way but it's easily accessable. I have practised using each bladder separatly and in conjunction with each other. Train your mind and keep things simple and your skills will get you through. I also dive with a drysuit which depending on my area of environmental choice becomes a third inflation system if required. Face it guys you have a choice to live or die. Train well and you live - let the big guy upstairs decide when your time is up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom