Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jen, Did you go on one of the manatee dives down there? I've always wanted to, maybe soon I'll get the opportunity.
-Parrot

Yes, I did go for the Manatees. It's well worth the visit if you ever get the opportunity. I've been going for about ten years now. We rent our own boat to go out and visit but there are tours available too. I have some pics of the Manatees that I'll put online as soon as I get an opportunity.

If you have any questions let me know. I love talking about the gentile creatures.

Tiff not to worry about finding a suit. They are there, and in the "female form". I was able to get a great 3/2 off the rack, but ordered a custom warm one (or should I say cold one).

Pantyhose - the gift to anyone getting a suit on! I always have a pair or two in my bag. I tend to throw in the ones that I've got a run in -- no good to go out in, but under a suit great. I have a friend who has a problem getting her sleeves on, and she cuts off the legs, opens the foot, and uses the leg as a "glove".

Enjoy.

I would have never thought about pantyhose. That sounds like a great idea i guess i need to go get some. TY Im now a month away from my class time and ive learned a lot from you guys and my home study. Thank you all for the help....

I'm 5'4 and almost 180 lbs so I too am not the "toothpick" figure you see on beaches. I chose to buy a custom wetsuit from Atlan - http://atlaninc.com/ It fits like a dream and I don't need pantyhose to get it on - even when it's dry. That's how well it fits. So don't worry about being able to find something that fits 'cause there's plenty out there to choose from - enjoy the course and happy diving.

I just bought a Henderson Hyperstretch in a size 8. I was trying on large and extra large due to weight but I'm only 5'3" and I had a heck of a time getting into suits. The arms seemed to tight! The Henderson gold core and the hyperstretch went on so easily and the body length fit! It was such a relief. Go to different Dive Shops in order to try different brands. It was worth it for me.

I am a brand-new diver and have looked at most of the rack brands' websites and size charts. This is what I have noticed:

1. The sizes are skewed way small. Normally, I wear an 8 tall, but find I need a L or XL divesuit.
2. Women's divesuits aren't made for anyone over 165 lbs. Men's divesuits go up to 250 and beyond.

Does this mean big women are not invited to dive? I've already figured out that I'll most likely need a custom suit because of my height, although xcell makes a tall that might fit.

As a newcomer, I just think this situation is very odd and really sends the wrong message about what women divers are "supposed" to look like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom