Slap Strap mask strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one I got from Dive Xtras that has a buckle nylon strap attachment, which I absolutely love. I also have one from Halcyon that is Velcro, and it at best makes me nervous. In my experience, Velcro eventually fails in diving applications.

I've been using the same velcro slap strap for about 14 years without any issues.

thanks for all the replys.... ill go ahead and try one out it sounds like its at least worth tryin

Make sure the velcro straps (the hook half of velcro) aren't too long. Part of what makes the system work is that the fabric (the loop half of velcro) side of the strap needs to have some flex to it. If the velcro straps are so long that there isn't enough "give" in the strap fabric, you'll find the slap strap hard to size correct (and won't be as comfortable).

thanks for all the replys.... ill go ahead and try one out it sounds like its at least worth tryin

Absolutely, I tried it just because so many of my friends liked it. And truth be told, it was better than just the plain silicone strap for sure. Just for how it sat on my ears, the neoprene cover over the silicone strap was better.

But hey, we all have different heads and ears, so what works for some may not work for others. :)

Good luck! :D

I have one I got from Dive Xtras that has a buckle nylon strap attachment, which I absolutely love. I also have one from Halcyon that is Velcro, and it at best makes me nervous. In my experience, Velcro eventually fails in diving applications.

I like the nylon strap with buckle attachment, too. I got one from my LDS, but wear it "inside out" as I prefer a blank strap:

35223q0.jpg

Also, I'm slowly changing my mind about velcro straps. I believe they'll hold just fine for a mask, especially if you're not adjusting it all the time. I still prefer the buckle though...

I have one I got from Dive Xtras that has a buckle nylon strap attachment

I have been looking for a strap like that - but in plain black with no print logo or advertising. Any pointers?

Thanks

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom