Sleazy.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"This is a clear case of the internet damaging people that dont deserve it"

Kevin, i don' t understand this statement. Some PERSON did something. The internet did not redirect traffic on its own away from Opal and to Mau.

I just saw where Mau from Scuba Mau registered the domain opalsdream dot com and has it re-directing to his own website. Clearly an attempt to direct traffic away from the operation his recently deceased ex-wife left behind. What is wrong with people?

I'm not up-to-date on internet drama.

Is Mau attempting to get business from his wife who is "ex" because she's deceased, or because they were divorced at some point?

If it's the first one, I have absolutely no problem with it. If it's the second one, yeah, that's pretty sleazy.

flots.

Jackie I can't speak to trip advisor but opalsdreamdiveshop now works to the "old" revised web site and scubamau.com takes you to maus shop
as they should iIMHO

God, if you take me from this earth in a traggic accident, please dont allow a bunch idiots bad mouth me or my ex on face book. Please prevent them from suggesting how the division of property in my divorce wasnt fair and how to fix it. Lastly God, bless my ex because I did once love them and owe them that much respect.

Amen.

Nowadays, though, what shocks me most is that an employee of the dive shop has to rely on donations from strangers to support his family and has to resort to in-water recompression in hopes to cure himself. We are talking about a man who risked his life and is currently paralyzed from the waist down because he tried to save his friend/boss. The way I see it, the company that employed him at the time should be supporting him financially.

You really are missing a lot of information. I suggest not drawing too many conclusions but if you feel compelled to help, then do so.

God, if you take me from this earth in a traggic accident, please dont allow a bunch idiots bad mouth me or my ex on face book. Please prevent them from suggesting how the division of property in my divorce wasnt fair and how to fix it. Lastly God, bless my ex because I did once love them and owe them that much respect.

Amen.
Unfortunately, the divorce and division was not executed before the accident, yet still - there are much better and more direct ways of resolving such problems than attempted on FB in this mess. Whatever actually happened, and I really don't know even after following the posts on FB, those two businesses can sort it out without a customer riot. Altho I understand some touchy emotions by some over this, I think things did get out of hand - much of it none of our business. See "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

I thought this thread would be the same that's on CMC NOW THAT"S "SLEAZY"

You really are missing a lot of information. I suggest not drawing too many conclusions but if you feel compelled to help, then do so.
As I wrote in my post, I know nothing beyond what has been posted here and on the rally facebook page… but I feel that's too much information already. I was in a bad mood yesterday (nothing related to the topic at hand) and reading the latest Internet drama struck a nerve. Too late to remove my post now that it's been quoted, sorry I've contributed to the tactlessness of this whole ordeal.

Back
Top Bottom