Sleazy.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Out of curiosity, I went to ScubaMauCozumel.com to see where it took me. It redirected to ScubaMau.com.

I have no problem with this since Mau should own his name. :)

That being said, how does one get to a web site or in contact with Opals Dream, the shop formerly known as Scuba Mau? Is there a new URL???

Out of curiosity, I went to ScubaMauCozumel.com to see where it took me. It redirected to ScubaMau.com.

I have no problem with this since Mau should own his name. :)

That being said, how does one get to a web site or in contact with Opals Dream, the shop formerly known as Scuba Mau? Is there a new URL???
index <--< that funny looking link takes you to their site: www.opalsdreamdiveshop.com/

Email: opalsdream@opalsdreamdiveshop.com

As I wrote in my post, I know nothing beyond what has been posted here and on the rally facebook page&#8230; but I feel that's too much information already. I was in a bad mood yesterday (nothing related to the topic at hand) and reading the latest Internet drama struck a nerve. Too late to remove my post now that it's been quoted, sorry I've contributed to the tactlessness of this whole ordeal.

Sorry, I don't feel that you contributed to the "tactlessness" of the ordeal in any way. In fact, I'm refraining from saying what I really want to tell you so that I also do not contribute. Let's just say that being on the island provided a lot more information and I see things from a different perspective. The results are unfortunate either way.

Last edited:
There was really a lot to how they did and do things that are really none of our business.

There was really a lot to how they did and do things that are really none of our business.
I totally agree. IMO, the last thing any of these folks need is a bunch of outsiders sticking their noses into their business.

I do not know if I'm in the minority or not but the drama is souring me on Opals Dream. I like the guys, but IMHO the family is doing more harm than good. I may or may not use Mau the next chance I get, but at the moment Opal's Dreams is off the list.

I do not know if I'm in the minority or not but the drama is souring me on Opals Dream. I like the guys, but IMHO the family is doing more harm than good. I may or may not use Mau the next chance I get, but at the moment Opal's Dreams is off the list.
I don't know how much fact there is to that thought, even tho you have full rights to feel that way of course. There was a lot of drama that got drug out on the net, but no way for us to really know what is really what - and again mostly not our business. I can see why they'd both like to attract old customers to current following, more so Mau I guess since he doesn't have the shop location, or more so Dreams since they do have the shop overhead and expenses - but I hope they both move on with building their new businesses ok.

I don't know how much fact there is to that thought, even tho you have full rights to feel that way of course. There was a lot of drama that got drug out on the net, but no way for us to really know what is really what - and again mostly not our business. I can see why they'd both like to attract old customers to current following, more so Mau I guess since he doesn't have the shop location, or more so Dreams since they do have the shop overhead and expenses - but I hope they both move on with building their new businesses ok.
I did say IMHO. It is sad as you have a mother still grieving the loss of her daughter. Maybe it would do her good to stay off and away from everything negative. I'm moving that way myself. I'm finding it a little bit easier to stay away from the drama and not respond to things I disagree with.

Do what you want, but none of this has anything to do with diving. If Opal's Dream or Scuba Mau were my first choice for a dive op none of this would change my mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom