Small stuff in Bonaire Hero 4 silver flip 3.1 macromatemini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's really nice, Lance. I hope you don't mind me asking what sort of distance the lens was from the subject (while shooting with the Macromate Mini and +10) and did you screw on the +10 underwater or is it a wet +10. As you can tell from my questions, I am relatively new to shooting underwater and would appreciate any pointers.

Regards

That's really nice, Lance. I hope you don't mind me asking what sort of distance the lens was from the subject (while shooting with the Macromate Mini and +10) and did you screw on the +10 underwater or is it a wet +10. As you can tell from my questions, I am relatively new to shooting underwater and would appreciate any pointers.

Regards

The distance varies depending how I stack the lens. In some cases I use the Macromate mini by itself, the sweet spot can be between 3-5 inches. With the +10 lens you can be 3"- 24". If I stack 2 macromate minis I need to be about 2" from the subject. I also stack the +10 on the macromate mini, distance being about 3-6". It takes a while to get used to the lens distance, once you do you can kind of judge it correctly. If you get into stacking the lens that throws you for a loop and it will take a while to get your distances correct again. I would recommend using the lens by itself until you get the proper distances dialed in. If you are going to stack a lens you need to screw it onto the other underwater to get rid of the air pocket.

---------- Post added August 9th, 2015 at 05:32 PM ----------

Did you use a macromate mini and a +10 diopter lens? If so which +10 did you use?

Yes, I am only aware of one +10 lens for zoom. It does not have any color correction. I use lights for all my close stuff. If you stack the lens be sure and do it in the water to eliminate the air space between the lenses.

nice video I love it and I also like your tray setup. keep the good work [emoji106]🏼[emoji106]🏼[emoji106]🏼

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom