Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Smokers shouldn't be in the water

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Don't smoke, Don't care who smokes

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is considered smoking for the purpose of this poll?? regular cigarette smokers, more than 1 pack a week??

I smoke cigars once in a while, I will say probably 3-4 times a month, and I do not consider myself a smoker by any means, same way I would not consider somebody who has a couple of glasses of wine every other week a drinker.

I think if by smoker you mean regular smoker, probably the reason why some people will not train nor dive with them is because of medical reasons, since I dont see any other logical explanation for it. If that is the case, then you have to add to that list of no-no people overweight, with hypertension, diabetes, etc.

bye
ivan:)

"a custome lothsome to the eye, hatefull to the nose, harmefull to the braine, daungerous to the Lungs, and in the blacke stinking fume thereof, nearest resembling the horrible Stigian smoke of the pit that is bottomelesse."
James I - 1604
---------------------
I smoked from 1956 (age 9) until October 31, 1987. Now cigarette smoke is obnoxious to me - very unpleasant - even nauseating. I have no objection to anyone else (other than my children or grandchildren) smoking, but I do ask that if on a boat you seek the downwind side, thank you.
As for buddying with a smoker, it's hard for 'em to smoke underwater, so it is no problemo.
Rick

waaaah.. It's ok, have a smoke! You'll feel better!
*puff* *puff*

-Dennis

Smokin' and consolin' crybabies in the cold waters of So Cal.

steeldiver once bubbled...
It never fails to amaze me how seamingly intelegent people
defend the the smoking cultour.
my grandfather smoked 2 packs a day and lived untill his 90's
my cousin smoked two packs a day and has just had is larynx removed his age ?40.
Go figuer
Howard.

In my first young adulthood I did smoke and dive, then finally quit and have been diving smoke free for nearly 30 years. In my 20's my lungs could handle it. Now I am sooooo glad I don't smoke any more.... or I might not be diving at all.

Since I'm an old fart, I wouldn't normally dive with someone who smoked... they'll need all the wind they can muster if they have to rescue me!

Dr. Bill

Doc Bill.

That was very clever, I loved it. Probably the gentlest way to say you prefere to dive with a non-smoker. Points for content and thoughtfulness. Well said.

-Dennis

drbill once bubbled...

Since I'm an old fart, I wouldn't normally dive with someone who smoked... they'll need all the wind they can muster if they have to rescue me!

Dr. Bill

I just returned from a dive trip to Indonesia where a German lung surgeon also attended - funny to find out he is a smoker

Holy snikies! Now THAT'S funny! There's some irony in that!

-Dennis

RSdiver once bubbled...
I just returned from a dive trip to Indonesia where a German lung surgeon also attended - funny to find out he is a smoker

Back
Top Bottom