Sneezing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar:
Actually, nope. It's not exactly pleasant (hehe, it's nothing to sneeze at), but it's not really that big a deal.

The mitigating factor is that often when you throw up underwater, it seems to usually be seasickness, which likely started on the surface, thereby pre-clearing most of the chunkiness. If you *do* chunk your reg, you just grab your alternate while you clear out your primary. Note that this will also reinforce your buddy's vigilance regarding air management. They *won't* want to have to share air with you. :D

Process for hurling under water (while adhering to rule #6)

Stop and get proper buoyancy and trim.
Signal buddy to watch you
Prepare to hurl
Take good breath and take primary out of mouth
Turn head to left or right
Let it go and force with breathing out
Put regulator back in mouth and purge
Signal okay

It is important to turn head to left or right so that a: you dont get the stream in your face and B: you look in complete control. This made one of my buddies laugh so much, he spit out his reg.

I sometimes eat the worst stuff before diving and my stomach disagrees with it, so this is now down to a science....
:D

I've peed, burped, spit, coughed, choked, farted, etc.
If we're ever diving buddies, please let me be up current and down bubble from you. :D

-----

Mike.

You ask me, a good sized sneeze is the best way to keep your defogging in order.

rjpv:
You ask me, a good sized sneeze is the best way to keep your defogging in order.

It's certainly the fastest way I've ever cleared a mask, I'm not sure about defogging............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom