Snorkel or no snorkel and why

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was a mighty fine piece of research there LOL

Worrisome to think about though that over time we shall run out of fresh subjects, revert into silence and just use the forum as a dialogical printable field manual.

Oh well, maybe we'd dive some more.

Santa:
That was a mighty fine piece of research there LOL

Worrisome to think about though that over time we shall run out of fresh subjects, revert into silence and just use the forum as a dialogical printable field manual.

Oh well, maybe we'd dive some more.

As long as we have the Whine & Cheeze forum and Governments and Greenpeace exist, there will always be something to talk about. :D

Just went to folding pocket snorkel. Usually didn't carry mine anyway but I assist with alot of classes and snorkel is mandatory. Easier dealing with pocket one than trying to find a place to stick mine when i was not using it. HEY! none of that now! this is a family forum.

miketsp:
Wow, almost 4 months since the last snorkel-no snorkel thread.
That has to be a record! :D
Of course the definitive thread on the subject from March
was locked after only 511 posts!!!! :icosm10:
And the dead horse was flogged over and over until no-one could take any more . :crush:

Sorry, I only have 1% of your posts. I'm just curious. There are always other posts to read.

Just went to folding pocket snorkel. Usually didn't carry mine anyway but I assist with alot of classes and snorkel is mandatory. Easier dealing with pocket one than trying to find a place to stick mine when i was not using it. HEY! none of that now! this is a family forum.
:lol: :lol:

fishb0y:
Sorry, I only have 1% of your posts. I'm just curious. There are always other posts to read.

No need to be sorry. It's in the nature of Internet forums that there tends to be a fairly large churn in membership so the subject is always new to some. When I look back over the older threads there are a lot of names not around any more.
And of course if the new posters never post then we don't get to evaluate them.
However, if you stick with SB for at least 6 months you'll find that there are 3 or 4 topics that do keep repeating themselves and it's very rare to hear a new opinion.
I won't spoil your fun finding out what they are although there have been a few raves about this in the Whine & Cheeze section - not by me.

Lots of folks must not like snorkels - I've found at least a dozen of them. I wear a snorkel when snorkeling and when swimming longer distances. I carry a snorkel when I scuba for emergency use only. It is attached to my BP beneath the wing. I believe it will help me survive if I have to spend an extended time waiting or swimming on the surface. In calm water, I could nap. In rough water, it helps as an aspirator.

Do you have a pic as to how you place it behind the wing? This is an interesting idea. Shouldn't be an entanglement hazard there, and could be useful in some situations.

Back
Top Bottom