Snorkeling Sets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

~Pisces~

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good beginner snorkeling set? One that is under $80.00ish dollar, but still works properly and does not leak? Any ideas are belcome :D

Well, any snorkeling set around $80 should be fairly decent (although I would say really good sets start at about $125 for mask/snorkel/fins) but there's no guarantees about not leaking...if the mask fits your face it won't leak, if doesn't fit properly then it will.

go to your local dive shop and try some masks on to see if you like it. No point in buying a cheaper set if you do not like the way it feels on your face.

we got our stuff from a local dive shop that we felt comfi with. My mask was about what your asking to spend but I told them i was looking for stuff that would last a few years with the possibility of getting OW cert down the road.

i bought a mask and snorkel set and was disappointed with it,so trust me and forum members piece out a set much better
in the long run

For kits if the soft silicon skirt mask fits, the snorkel should be passable, the fins will be good until you can upgrade later and the carrying bag is included. I have purchased these for kids and they are OK. But the adult packages tend to have many problems with the fins. Check SCUBAtoys and LeisurePro. I would never buy a mask off the internet though unless I knew that it fit.

My kit consists of Aqualung Impulse 3 snorkel $27, SEADIVE TruVu Rayblocker Mask $45-80, and Apollo Uni Fullfoot fins $65. But I started off with a rubber mask, thin rubber fins, and a rubber/plastic snorkel about $45 total.

Some local dive shops may be expensive. My snorkel may be $45, mask $120, $100 Apollo rubber fins for the exact same equipment.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom