So I Get To Go Diving, But Don't Know Where....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ahansen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a family trip at the end of March to Orlando with another family (he's my dive buddy - imagine that...). Anyhow, we got a green light to pick a place on either side of the state to go diving (ideally - directly east or west of Orlando) because the wives and kids will go to the beach.

So... anyone got suggestions? Where to go, who to dive with, what sites to see etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

I have a family trip at the end of March to Orlando with another family (he's my dive buddy - imagine that...). Anyhow, we got a green light to pick a place on either side of the state to go diving (ideally - directly east or west of Orlando) because the wives and kids will go to the beach.

So... anyone got suggestions? Where to go, who to dive with, what sites to see etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Adam,
  1. Welcome to Scubaboard.
  2. Fill out your profile so people can decide how to frame their replys. If you tell people about your expirience, equip and preferences, it's much easier to respond.
  3. If it were me, I would head east (and a little south) to Venice Beach. The shark tooth diving is great. Boat trips can be found for around $40, or you can do a shore dive and still find good hauls. This picture is of my second dive there (one tank, 98 minutes, over 300 teeth).
  4. While in Orlando, go dive the Living Seas at Epcot. Not a "world class' dive, but if you have never done it, it's worth it. Disney is a class act and it shows in every aspect of this expierience. They offer a 10% discount for alot of certification agencies as well, so ask about yours.
Teeth.gif

Hope this helps,
Capt Grumby

Thanks,
Adam

Adam, I had another thought. (Rare, but it happens.)

You should probably post this over in the Florida Conch forum as well. The Greater Tampa Bay folks are awesome, as are the rest of the Conchs.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just filled out my profile and will cross-post to the other forum. I am doing the Disney Dive (I heard about one called Dive Quest) and am up for anything on either coast. I love the Venice Beach suggestion - any others?

Thanks,
Adam

The springs are a fun option if the boats get blown out on your particular weekend.

The reefs along the southeast coast are spectacular. Check with www.littledeepercharters.com for diving along West Palm Beach. There are some nice wrecks out there as well. The great thing about central Florida is you're within 3~ hours of all types of great diving (except ICE!!!).

Feel free to PM me as well.

Shirley

Capt Grumby:
I would head east (and a little south) to Venice Beach.

That would be west. I love the diving at Venice, but everyone doesn't care for the low viz (averages about 6 ft). The beach is very nice for your familes.

If you don't want to find treasures in low viz, head to the east coast to the Jupiter/Riveria Beach area. You'll find pretty fish and nice reefs there.

That would be west. I love the diving at Venice, but everyone doesn't care for the low viz (averages about 6 ft). The beach is very nice for your familes.

If you don't want to find treasures in low viz, head to the east coast to the Jupiter/Riveria Beach area. You'll find pretty fish and nice reefs there.

D'oh, :lotsalove:, I guess I should quit drinking and posting.

Nice catch Walter, I am suprised no one else pointed it out before you. Perhaps they were trying to let me enjoy my "blonde moment" for as long as possible.:D

D'oh, :lotsalove:, I guess I should quit drinking and posting.

Nice catch Walter, I am suprised no one else pointed it out before you. Perhaps they were trying to let me enjoy my "blonde moment" for as long as possible.:D

Just claim the veteran's exception clause instead of the blonde moment. Venice beach is a little tough to navigate to on the forst run. Contact a Conch board member for directions and where to park. It is a nice dive.
Howard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom