So Much for DEPP Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone posted on another thread that DEPP's telephone and fax numbers have been disconnected.I don't know how true this is.

Here is another DEPP horror story. I went to access my DEPP account online and my login no longer works. When I made an inquiry as to why my login no longer worked, I received an email from Sandy telling me that my account was no longer active. I paid my policy renewal in full this past December. I have made no claims on this policy this year. I received no written notice of termination. I have an extended overseas diving trip coming up in a few weeks and I have no idea if my equipment is covered.

Here is another DEPP horror story. I went to access my DEPP account online and my login no longer works. When I made an inquiry as to why my login no longer worked, I received an email from Sandy telling me that my account was no longer active. I paid my policy renewal in full this past December. I have made no claims on this policy this year. I received no written notice of termination. I have an extended overseas diving trip coming up in a few weeks and I have no idea if my equipment is covered.

Very sorry to hear that but the very best thing you can do is contact the Kentucky Insurance Commissioners Office.

I am in the midst of all this now. A loss back in April, paperwork sent through.... apparently it never arrived (!).... resent with signature... now I am told that it is with a broker, but interestingly enough I know that they have never even written to the independent witness... emails are ignored.... telephone is on an answering service (messages never returned).... my frustration levels are very high!

Please advise if you have a contact email/telephone number for the boss of this company.... I just want my money then to leave them in peace and never cross their path again!

Simon

DEPP handled an earlier claim (several years ago) well and I had no complaints. Following the theft of my dive computers a few weeks ago, I contacted them and am in the slow (typical of insurance companies) process of getting resolution on that incident. I made the mistake of not updating my equipment list and DEPP very quickly remedied that. Hopefully I'll hear soon about their decision on the stolen computers. I've already had to purchase a replacement for one of them.

I used to have DEPP coverage....my sister also had it. She had a claim and had a HORRIBLE time trying to get resolution. They nickle and dimed her at every opportunity. They flat out refused to cover items that were listed on her coverage list. I will NEVER give this company a recommendation to anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom