So True

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReeseTD

Reaction score
1) it would have to be a huge failure of your BCD.
Yes any thing man made can have a huge failure.
2) wouldn't you think that it was safer to simply drop your weights? Without your weights, your wetsuit should provide more than enough positive buoyancy - especially if it is a 7mm.
Yes again.... It is safer to drop your weights if you need to accend in a emergency. I told this story just becouse i did find that neoprene dos hold air well but with more exp that i have gotten its not to be used as a why to accend in a emergncy. I will say that if your BCD kicked the can and you need more buoyancy on the surface try to little air in your wet suit. Its kinda like being in scouts again and having to lern how to use your clolthes as flotation devices. It could not be your day the boat loses its anchor the boat will not start and you have a long wait untell any one can pick you up. Alittle air in your wet suit will not hurt you in this spot since it add lift and will help keep you a little wormer.

For those that are reading this post if you need to make a emergncy accent or are having a hard time on the surface drop your wieght belt. 60 buck for a new one is worth more then another dead diver.

Well i hope that every think in this posted is good sound advice? My last post was just my exp when i was a younger diver learning that neoprene dos hold air well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom