So, what's the best brand/model BP W out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eskasi

Contributor
Reaction score
For those thinking of switching and with no experience with BP and wings, what's the best (money no object)? :D

I guess I am asking about truly exceptional build quality, best reviews, etc. I'm sure everyone likes their own model....is there any particular one that those who already have BP Wings would want to switch to? If there is no such thing as latest and greatest then what would give the best warranty and have the most dealers worldwide?

100 ppl 101 different opinions LOL

but if money is no object, call me and i will create it for you including a massive platinum backplate and 10ct diamonds as reflectors :wink:

There is no right answer, it might be a little less complicated than asking what's the best BC, but it's still an opinion, everyone has a personal preference, and most have not tried every single or double tank wing out there, therefore cannot make a unbiased review. And, just cuz it costs more doesn't necessarily mean it's better. Personally I love my Oxycheq Mach V wing/Hammerhead SS plate, but I've only tried 1 other single tank wing (a Dive Rite), which didn't work for me, but others are perfectly happy with.

-Garrett

Can't say if its the best but I am happy with Halcyon gears. I have good experiences with DiveRite as well but personally felt that Halcyon gears comes with better quality.

There are many good system out there which aren't available in our market.

'H'a 'H'a 'H'a... Good one shellback...

You should probably check if the brand has dealers around your area, cos that will make upgrades, maintenance, and what not, easier.

Check this board and ask around for some opinions, but you'll never truly know until you take the plunge. =D For me, i did my research and bought my setup, and I'm very 'H'appy!

Actually, I think that what makes this one SO hard to answer, is that honestly, in a Hogarthian configuration, there is VERY little that seperates them. A slightly different metal plate. Two inch webbing is common. The wing is really what seperates them, and that is as much personal preference as anything else. I would think most people would end up with several wings to do different jobs.

I have a Halcyon SS plate. I think I want a DSS Kydex plate next. I have 4 wings and that should do for now.

I don't think you can honestly claim any of them is vastly better than another. Slightly different, yes. Better? No.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom