Socorro vs Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bahamas generally has better vis and warmer water. socorro has fish density and more variety on life other than sharks (dolphins/mantas/whale sharks/pilot whales) over grand bahama/tiger beach (hammers/tigers/bulls/lemons/nurse/white and black tips). socorro requires a fairly lengthy and sometimes bumpy boat ride if that is a concern for seasickness. socorro also does not use anything to attract the sharks if that is something you don't condone.

both the aggressor and bahamas master do offer special extended itineraries to do both tiger beach and bimini, but honestly it isn't necessary unless if you are worried you will have enough people for the day boat to run from grand bahama to tiger beach.

as you are in europe though, i would look into deep south egypt or even sudan also.

bahamas generally has better vis and warmer water. socorro has fish density and more variety on life other than sharks (dolphins/mantas/whale sharks/pilot whales) over grand bahama/tiger beach (hammers/tigers/bulls/lemons/nurse/white and black tips). socorro requires a fairly lengthy and sometimes bumpy boat ride if that is a concern for seasickness. socorro also does not use anything to attract the sharks if that is something you don't condone.

both the aggressor and bahamas master do offer special extended itineraries to do both tiger beach and bimini, but honestly it isn't necessary unless if you are worried you will have enough people for the day boat to run from grand bahama to tiger beach.

as you are in europe though, i would look into deep south egypt or even sudan also.

I did Northern Red Sea + Brothers in 2021 so was looking for something different this year.
For sure I will return to the Red Sea (likely more than once).

Send me some info please.
SOCORRO- Rocio del Mar Liveaboard

April 16-25, 2023

I only have a few spots left…. Would need to arrive in acabo by morning of 16th or do like we are doing arrive the 15th just to be sure :wink:

Animals include schooling hammerhead sharks, tiger sharks, friendly bottlenose dolphins, silky sharks, Galapagos sharks, clouds of jacks and barracuda, tuna, wahoo, oceanic whitetip sharks, and giant, inquisitive manta rays, and whale sharks and humpback whales

$4095 per person (rooms are double occupancy Twin beds). Many of my customers going this is their 2nd time to go. Said best food they have ever had! And of course diving exceptional!!
The above price includes all taxes, port fees, meals, beverages, tanks, weights, and complimentary beer and wine. The only things not included are:
$Park fee per day of diving

$120 Nitrox (if you want it)

Transfers to and from the boat

Crew gratuity (typically 10%-15% of the fare)

There is a very toothy difference between an Oceanic Whitetip shark and a Reef Whitetip shark. The latter are common in Socorro. The former....I've never seen in 11 trips.

There is a very toothy difference between an Oceanic Whitetip shark and a Reef Whitetip shark. The latter are common in Socorro. The former....I've never seen in 11 trips.
Yep, I agree. Whitetip Reef sharks almost every day and some days, it seems almost every dive. Best place (around North America) that I know of for Oceanic White Tips is off of Cat Island in the Bahamas.

You can't really compare the 2...

I had a great time at both places…. If you want to see big animals go to socorro, if you want to see a beautiful reef and some sharks go to the Bahamas

Back
Top Bottom